New/Mode • Remote, San Francisco, New York City, or Washington, D.C.
Do you want to change the world? Do you want to be a part of a company helping the most important causes of our time have a deep and lasting impact? Love the opportunity to work in a dynamic company with rapid promotion, growth opportunities and a large territory to own?
Are you an account executive, or in business development or account management? Are you ready for the next level, itching for the opportunity to show what you are really capable of? Are you looking for more freedom to reach the top of your game? As our new dynamic and determined Account Executive, you will recruit more non-profit, labour, and political organizations to North America’s fastest-growing multi-channel advocacy platform.
The Account Executive will focus on demoing and closing leads that have been qualified by the marketing team, or through other methods. The essential deliverable of this role is to mobilize the resources at our disposal to maximize new subscriptions and meet sales targets.
You will have experience prospecting, running discovery calls/demos, and negotiating, along with a track record of closing new business in either software sales or non-profit/political fundraising. This role will zero in on sales in the US but may also involve sales in Canada, the UK, EU and Australia.
Please apply if you are a team player, comfortable in the chaos of start up and bring a can-do, problem-solver’s attitude.
Your Essential Functions / Responsibilities
- Optimize the scheduling and execution of new lead phone calls and demos.
- Optimal use and enhancement of our sales deal pipeline and effective management of the technology needed to track prospect outreach and client conversations.
- Effective follow up with qualified buyers at all stages of the sales pipeline, including use of automations, phone, email and SMS.
- Analyze Marketing Qualified Leads and other contacts, zeroing in on the best prospects and for demo and purchase.
- Provide timely and accurate sales reports and metrics as requested by the CEO, COO, and Senior Manager of Digital.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of New/Mode’s products, services and features, along with leading trends and best practices for digital advocacy and engagement.
Your Special Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Experience with either software sales or non-profit/political fundraising, and related CRMs. (Bonus for experience with HubSpot Sales CRM specifically).
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, with an approachable and non-technical voice and tone.
- Knowledge of sales principles, processes and best practices.
- Exceptional organization and time management stills.
- Need and value discovery, product demos, handling objections, asking for commitments, closing sales.
- Ability to quickly build a rapport with campaigners and other buyers on the phone/zoom, email, and in person, when necessary.
- Ability to act quickly to respond to new opportunities.
- A passion for problem-solving, logistics, best practices, and data-driven decision-making.
- $40,000–$50,000 base salary, $80,000–$100,000 on-sales-target earnings
- Health spending account
- Long-term disability and life insurance
- Stock options
This position is ideally suited for someone comfortable with remote work, based in the San Francisco Bay Area, NYC or D.C. However, exceptional candidates will be considered anywhere in the United States, as well as Vancouver and Toronto.