Avalanche Strategy • Remote
Avalanche Strategy conducts cutting-edge public opinion research that leverages advances in cognitive science and AI to yield deep insights into values, emotions, and attitudes. We support resonant messaging for candidates, companies, and causes that share our mission to create a more just, equitable, and sustainable future. We are backed by Higher Ground Labs and work with the leading progressive organizations in the US and Canada.
About the Role:
As an analyst, you will work with our data scientists, strategists, and clients to produce and analyze novel research data and to identify and communicate actionable insights.
You have a proven track record of translating data into actionable guidance. You excel at quickly understanding client needs and incisively communicating solutions. You prefer a fast-paced work environment and are at your best managing and prioritizing among multiple workstreams. You are genuinely curious about the social, cultural, and political dimensions of our research and passionate about supporting our clients to more deeply understand their most important audiences.
- Analyze, interpret, and synthesize qualitative and quantitative data
- Work with project teams to synthesize findings into decks, briefs, and memos
- Perform quality checks at various stages of the research to ensure accuracy
- Build processes to systematize analysis and collaborate with the data science team to automate processes and maximize efficiency
- Create professional data visualizations that concisely tell a clear story
- Develop template visualizations that can easily be re-used.
- Assist with project management activities
Qualifications & Qualities:
Successful candidates will have all of the following:
- 3+ years experience in conducting data analysis for stakeholder consumption in a professional environment (experience in consulting, politics, or marketing is a plus)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group (executives, managers, and subject matter experts)
- Exceptional ability to translate client needs into technical requirements and technical data into actionable insights for clients.
- Proven ability to multitask and prioritize while meeting deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Highly proficient with Microsoft and Google office suites
Additional experience in any of the following areas is preferred:
- Experience with qualitative and political data
- Experience administering and analyzing surveys
- Professional experience or formal training in data visualization and design
- Familiarity with data processing and visualization languages and tools such as Python, R, D3, and Tableau.
We are committed to building a workplace that reflects the diversity of the communities we serve. We especially encourage women, people of colour, and others who are underrepresented in the tech industry to apply.
To express interest or refer a candidate, please send a brief note and either resume or LinkedIn profile to firstname.lastname@example.org. We’re looking to close the position as soon as possible so please apply sooner rather than later.