Manager of Business Development
Tuesday Company • Washington, D.C.
We’re looking for a Manager of Business Development to work with our Chief Operating Officer full time from Washington, D.C. This role requires a strong background in the campaign industry and, ideally, some background in a sales role. You’re nimble and flexible, and looking to fill an evolving role at a young and fast-growing company. You will acquire customers, build partnerships, and maintain productive relationships as we enter new markets. You will help build a strong sales process, replete with quarterly goals. You are highly organized and capable of working independently. You will be the first or second sales hire at a company that tripled in size in 2018 and will continue to grow.
If you have a passion for organization, a sense of humor, insatiable curiosity, a wellspring of curiosity, and a track record of doing whatever it takes, we want you to be a part of making our vision a reality.
preferred experience and disposition
- Knowledge of political influencer market: individual who understands the dynamic and complex ecosystem that drives purchasing decisions
- Initiative: individual who has a desire to grow as a leader and not only take on – but create – new opportunities
- Love of politics, and a willingness to become an issue-area expert
- Desire to be an agent of positive change
- Experience working high-level on a campaign, at a non-profit, or with an advocacy organization in the progressive political ecosystem
- Excellent at building relationships
- Strong writing and communication skills
- Wicked Smart
- Generate business development leads with qualitative and quantitative research into issue advocacy, nonprofit organizations, campaigns, and candidates
- Contribute to creation of a sales culture, process, and team
- Develop strategies to successfully position The Tuesday Company for further growth
- Cultivate a deep understanding of our software, Team, in order to educate potential clients on the power of digital community organizing with this product
- Respond to RFPs with creative solutions
- Manage potential clients through the entirety of the sales cycle
- Maintain a robust system of reporting, notes, and accountability regarding the sales process
- Continue to embody the successful brand presence of The Tuesday Company in the market
We value our people. We offer a competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits package, including health benefits as well as work-life balance flexibility and opportunities for career development.
how to apply
Please send your resume and a brief cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org