Senior Software Engineer
MobilizeAmerica • New York City
MobilizeAmerica is at a pivotal point in its growth. We’ve successfully proven our core product in the 2018 midterms, where we worked with 450+ campaigns (including 33 out of the 38 flipped Democratic House seats) and drove over 380,000 people to 750,000+ volunteer shifts. Now we are growing the team and investing to have the maximum possible impact in 2020 and beyond.
As a Senior Engineer on a small team, you’ll immediately have significant ownership over product direction and engineering architecture, working closely with our CTO on product strategy and execution.
- Lead the design and development of multiple new product areas that help campaigns and advocacy groups recruit and activate more volunteers
- Prepare our platform for the exponential scale that is unique to the electoral space — we must be able to handle going from hundreds to hundreds of thousands of users with little notice
- Build out our internal platform and APIs such that we can nimbly introduce more ways for campaigns and organizations to control their data
- Drive high-quality engineering standards and architecture across the organization, and help up-level junior engineers to meet those standards
- Think up a growth experiment or five, and planning prototypes to test them in the lightest way possible
Who you are:
- You’ve shipped quality products end-to-end, and aren’t afraid to get your hands dirty with whatever a product needs to roll out
- You care deeply about empowering ordinary people for progressive causes. We’re a mission-driven company, and everything we do is guided by political impact. At the end of the day, we’re here to elect Democrats.
- You have at least five–eight years of professional work experience, ideally in startups where you’ve seen things scale (and break)
- You have experience architecting and working in scalable and fault-tolerant backend systems
- You’re not afraid of uncertainty and aim to fail fast. We bring an ethos of experimentation to everything we build—you know it’s better to ship something early and learn than architect the perfect solution.
This position is ideally based in New York City, but we’re open to applicants that have a track record of working remotely successfully.
To apply, send us your resume or LinkedIn to email@example.com, and include a few words about why you’re the right fit and what excites you about the role.
We are committed to building a workplace that reflects the diversity of volunteers across America that we exist to serve. We especially encourage women, people of color, and others who are underrepresented in the tech industry to apply.