Higher Ground Labs is proud to announce our latest investment: Frank. Frank builds organizing software for unions and labor organizations, providing a customizable and private platform for organizers to support the worker’s journey all the way from interest to member.
Co-founded by Logan LaHive, Emily Drevets-Larson, and Mary Urbina-McCarthy, Frank directly supports labor unions and worker centers that are doing the critical work of organizing workers.
Their software suite includes the digital tools critical to an organizer’s toolbox, built to compliment tried and true organizing strategies. Their product is purpose-built exclusively for labor to more effectively organize and unionize workplaces.
Part of what Frank can do for labor partners:
- No wait organizing: Strengthen and customize worker onboarding process by giving workers a dedicated, private Frank group to start organizing.
- Manage groups: Easily monitor multiple organizing efforts with a dashboard that shows key metrics, new activity updates, and customizable settings
- Assign tasks: Automate worker onboarding by assigning tasks like putting together contact lists, mapping the workplace, reviewing educational materials, and more.
- Digital card collection: Collect digital authorization cards and signatures inside Frank, using their NLRB-compliant tools.
- Assessments: Keep tabs on the strength of your efforts and your individual workers with the Assessments feature. Assessments are privately saved with the Organizer who scores them for easy tracking.
- Seamless data collection: Collect and use key engagement data to make organizing campaigns more impactful.
Frank counts both local and national organizations among their early pilot partners.
Pat O’Gorman, Organizer with IUOE Local 399, said:
“When we hired new Organizers, we got them trained to organize with Frank in less than a day. It’s quickly become a valuable tool to support our organizing efforts.”
Jessie Harmon, Organizer with ROC United LA, added:
“It provides ample protection from retaliatory managers, which invites more opportunity for worker participation, collaboration and creativity.”
Frank is contributing to a unique labor tech ecosystem focused on building tools for worker power. We are proud to support them in their mission and journey.
HGL is the leading accelerator and venture fund for Democratic political technology. To date, we have invested in nearly 70 political technology startups and deployed over $50 million across three funds since 2017.